The Cleveland Plumbing Industry’s world-class workforce training program is enhanced by the United Association “UA University.” This advanced training system consists of the Great Lakes Training Center in Ann Arbor, MI, local training facilities in the United States and Canada.
UA University includes courses developed and offered by the UA Training Department and courses developed and offered by UA University College Partners.
UA University’s degree programs works with college partners, including Ferris State University (bachelor degree), The National Labor College (bachelor degree), and Washtenaw Community College (associate degree).
The training facilities are designed to:
- Support and enhance existing training programs.
- Train instructors more quickly through the use of specialized onsite classes, Internet-based classes and teleconferencing technology.
- Provide training in specialized certification programs not available at all local training programs.
- Provide local training programs such as CPI access to specialized pieces of equipment, enabling them to offer courses right at home that they could not otherwise provide.
- Conduct highly specialized (and expensive) training that may not be feasible to hold at every training site.
The CPI workforce is enhanced to be the very best and most modern pool of highly skilled and well-prepared plumbers in the region, able to handle all commercial, residential and industrial work.